5-Point Real BIM Manifesto
- The introduction of AutoCAD was a simply a change in reprographic process.
- As mostly practised BIM is not fundamentally different than drawing with a pencil.
- Real BIM is a shift from “drawing buildings” to “drawing is building”.
- Real BIM is a tool of building production, not a tool of drawing production.
- Ambitious architects and contractors know that the business of construction is a mechanism for risk / reward allocation, so they never ask: “how little can we do?”
Read the full article from which this manifesto was extracted:
Leave a Comment
- BIM and Parametric Modeling (5)
- CNC Processing (1)
- Cost and Complexity (1)
- Design and Project Organization (4)
- Digital Fabrication Myths and Realities (1)
- Featured Articles (12)
- Information Content of Drawings (4)
- Materials and Processes (7)
- Projects (4)
- Stainless Steel (2)
- Steel and AESS (1)
- Vector Praxis Starting Design and Manufacturing Operations
- Volumetric Modular Construction System for Tall Buildings
- Public Artwork
- 5-Point Real BIM Manifesto
- A 2012 Taxonomy of Drawings: Paper to Vector
- Real BIM: Can Architects Be Master Builders Again?
- Comparing Glass and Resin: Discussion of Glass
- Comparing Glass and Resin: Curves, Texture, Colour
- Comparing Glass and Resin: Material and Application
- Stainless Steel Deficiencies and Fixes